Tim Challies has a helpful post on seven ways we can pray for our prayer lives. His seven points, each drawn from a particular Bible passage, are as follows:
1) Pray that your prayers would be the expressions of a humble heart (Mt. 6:5-6).
2) Pray that God would remind you that he doesn’t want or need your eloquent prayers (Rm. 8:26).
3) Pray that you would remember what the really important requests are (Mt. 6:9-13).
4) Pray that you would remember biblical examples of answered prayer (Js. 5:13-14).
5) Pray that God would give you confidence in his sovereign power (Eph. 3:20-21).
6) Pray that God would help you to persevere in your praying (Lk 18:1-8).
7) Pray that God would encourage you that he is your loving Father and will give you only what is good (Mt. 7:9-11).