In the face of Boaz we see a pointer to Christ, the greater Redeemer. Here is what we see of Boaz in Ruth 2:
- Vs. 4 &12: The Redeemer is one of Blessing to the unworthy servant
- Vs. 9, 22: The Redeemer is one of Protection to the unworthy servant
- Vs. 14, 18: The Redeemer is one who has abundance & satisfies the unworthy servant
- Vs. 13: The Redeemer gives comfort & kindness to his unworthy servant
- Vs. 10-11: The Redeemer even rewards his unworthy servant
How more clear a picture do you need of Christ!? Are we not Ruth, in that we are from outside the clan of His people? Yes, enemies of the Living God & His people. Did we not “happen” upon His field of harvest as unworthy, needy servants?
Did He not give us blessing, reward, protection, abundance, satisfaction, comfort, kindness, yes even the greatest of Rewards?
Marvel at the abundant “hesed” kindness of our great God and Redeemer!!