What is the mission of God?
- Why did God choose His People?
- Ephesians 1.4-6: In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace.
- Why did He create us in the first place?
- Isaiah 43.6-7: Bring my sons from afar & my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory.
- Why did God rescues Israel from Egypt?
- Psalm 106.7-8: Our fathers, when they were in Egypt did not consider your wondrous works…but rebelled by the Sea, at the Red Sea. Yet He saved them for his names sake that He might make known His mighty power.
- Why did God save Jerusalem from attack in Kings?
- 2 Kings 19.34: I will defend this city to save it, for my own sake & for the sake of my servant David
- Why did God restore Israel?
- Ezekiel 36.22-23: Thus says the Lord God: It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, that I am about to act, but for the sake of my holy name…And I will vindicate the holiness of my great name…and the nations will know that I am the Lord.
- Why does it please Jesus to answer prayer?
- John 14.13: Whatever u ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in Son.
- Why did the Father send the Son?
- Romans 3.25-26: God put [Christ] forward as propitiation by His blood…to show Gods righteousness.
- Why does Jesus receive us into the fellowship of God?
- Romans 15.7: Welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God.
- Why is it we should do anything that we do?
- 1 Corinthians 10.31: So, whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
The point is clear – God’s mission in the world to spread the praise of his glory. We are to live and move and have our being for this purpose. And the good news is, God’s glory and our joy do not compete, but rather fuel one another. We glorify God as we fully delight in Him.